TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
"Campbell, William (wcampbel)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 07:21:50 -0500
I've worked at two companies this year, and both have the same issues.  If
you're buying several gazillion of the same part, you'll probably get your
shipment.  Your distributor experience is similar as well.

I also think there's companies that double order in an effort to play this
game, then cancel the balance when they get the amount they need, and it
only makes things more fun.

Imagine the part manufacturer-  they make a bunch of stuff based on "demand"
and then it sits around.  So they make something else for a while.
Eventually, surplus dwindles.  Prices skyrocket.  The cycle continues...