TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Michael Forrester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:44:51 -0400
On one of our assemblies we use an 8 pin J-lead relay.  We found poor wetting of
the device during QA inspection. By cutting two or three leads off the device,
the device would fall off the board.  Further investigation showed that most of
the leads were basically sitting in a cradle of solder.  Or PCA vendor feels
that there
is contamination on the leads of the device, and therefore there is no wetting
action during reflow.  I would like to send a number of parts out to look for
contamination
of the leads.  Does anyone know of a lab that can do such an analysis?  The
parts are from different date codes.  We are using an OA flux to assembly the
boards.
Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Michael Forrester