TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:45:53 -0400
James,

This e-mail jogged my memory, so I dug into my archives and came up with a
reference in JPL Des Req DM509306 C, Vol 1 paragraph 3.4.5.4.2.f. (issue
date 1 September 1978) which supports the notion of making a rounded joint
(smooth solder ball) with no sign of the lead or terminal showing through.

Regards,

Phil Nutting
Manufacturing Engineer
Kaiser Systems, Inc.