TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
John Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:37:43 -0400
We are currently having an issue with intermittent SMT LED's...
We will 100% test a production lot right after assembly and find zero
defects.
We will then re-test the parts 12-24 hours later and find LED fallout, up to
20%.
Solder joints have been evaluated and do not appear to be the cause.
We suspect faulty wire bonding, but have no way to prove.

Does anyone have an idea of cause?
Does anyone know of a capable test facility that has experience with LED's?

John Morgan