TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
"Dieselberg, Ron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:19:54 -0400
Albert, we have a 600R. We normally set the time for 10 minutes as suggested
by the manual. There is an option, however, that you can save time by
running in the automatic mode where the test will terminate if the test
results remain unchanged for 4 minutes. We did use the automatic feature on
some assemblies that had a history of passing the test by a substantial
margin.
I don't remember where the 10 minute "thing" started (probably out of
MIL-P-28809) but that is what the manual recommended and that is what we
used most of the time.
IPC-TM-650 2.3.26.1 only states "for the predetermined time".
Hope that helps.
Ron Dieselberg
BAE SYSTEMS
Cincinnati Electronics Corp.