TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Ken Patel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:32:07 -0700
I am looking for quick answers.

We want to pass two traces of 6 mil wide traces between two plated holes.
Hole pad size is 24 mil and holes are on 50 mil grid. 24 mil pad is based on
12 mil drill size.

This leave the following scenario :

Hole /  4 mil airgap / 6 mil trace / 5 mil air gap / 6 mil trace / 5 mil
airgap / Hole

Questions:
(1) Is 4 mil air gap OK for the fab house to work with? or
(2) Should we reduce the drill size from 12 mil to 10 mils?

Which one is better choice from cost and reliability point of view? We do
not want to reduce the trace width for impedance needs.

re,
ken patel