TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Carson Ho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:02:18 +0800
Hello,

I am working in a semiconductor component company. I would like to know if anyone has experienced
difference when performing solderability test with manual dip instead of automatic dipping device
(required by Jedec or Mil standards). Why is it important to mandate automatic dipping device as
required by the standards? I know the parameters, such as immersion rate, dipping angle, etc, are
they really so critical (I agree the standard requirements are aimed to provide the most consistent
and efficient way of practice) to influence our solderability result?

Thanks for your sharing.

Best Regards,
Carson Ho