TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
"d. terstegge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:49:41 +0100
Hi Tenison,

For assembly it's hard to say, as it depends very much on how well you've controlled your processes. If you normally build class 3 products and never have to do touch-up, there 's not much savings by making the switch to a lower quality class.
For the bare boards, positional accuracies could become an issue. For example you can have a situation where class 3 requirements for annular ring can not be achieved with the larger (economic) production panels because production tolerances are too large to meet the spec on the outer edges of the productionpanel. Switching to a lower quality class will save you some money then. Of course this depends on the robustness of the design.

Kind regards,

Daan Terstegge
SMT Centre
Signaal Communications
Unclassified mail
Personal Website: http://www.smtinfo.net

>>> Tenison Stone <[log in to unmask]> 10/11 2:41 pm >>>
I need the expertise and experience of techies today.

What is the typical cost difference if I build class 1 product and want to
change to class 3?

For instance, my class 1 board cost $10.00 to build, what would be the cost
to build this board to class 3?

Thank you for your help.

Tenison Stone
Telex Communications

the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF TECHNET