TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:15:03 -0500
J-STD-001C covers material, process, and many solder-related end-item requirements.

IPC-A-610C is a visual inspection support document.  While it does not address materials or processes to be used (after all, it isn't possible to just look at something and determine what process parameters or materials were used), but greatly expands on the end-item requirements of electronic assemblies.

The developing committees were very diligent in assuring that, where the same topic is covered in both documents, there is no conflict between the C revisions.

Very soon we will have the Table of Contents and the scope/purpose statements of all documents on our web site bookstore so users will be able to review the content. In the meantime, if you want to see these pages for J-001C and 610C, please let me know OFFLINE.  You must be able to receive an e-mail with .pdf attachments.  Jack

>>> Ken Patel <[log in to unmask]> 10/11/00 01:19PM >>>
What is the difference between IPC-A-610 and ANSI-J-STD? Which one should I
call out?

re,
ken patel

the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF TECHNET