TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Nancy Trumbull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:25:07 -0400
Hi,

I believe the cost difference would all depend on the past history of the PCB and the assembled defects.

It may be no increase at all.  But on the other hand if you already have a history of high defects you may want to re think your decision .

One question from me.
Why are you wanting to change.
Class is usually determined by customer with documentation.
Because of the cost increase and usage ( final destination of the PCB). Just wondering.  I think it is great when a process will product a higher class. From experience I know how hard it is sometimes to have  a Class 1 design but inspect to a class 2. Or  the customer paying for a class 1 but wants a class 3. I say give them the best you can ( Be it always a class 3 ) but never ever  less than want they PAID for.

Never forget that improvement without cost is always one of the highest priorities.
There is my thought for the day. I guess I can go home
That's a joke just in case we are not all up yet.
Nancy T.

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/11/00 09:41AM >>>
I need the expertise and experience of techies today.

What is the typical cost difference if I build class 1 product and want to
change to class 3?

For instance, my class 1 board cost $10.00 to build, what would be the cost
to build this board to class 3?

Thank you for your help.

Tenison Stone
Telex Communications

the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF TECHNET