TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Lee Whiteman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:56:37 -0400
Kemi Lewis,

You may want to go to the NASA website which has their technical standards:
http://starbase.msfc.nasa.gov/TSL/dispsearch.htm?agency=NASA&disp=E. The SMT
specification that you are looking for is: NASA-STD 9739-2. You should get a
copy of the IPC specifications IPC/EIA J-STD-001C and IPC-A-610C. While both
are not recognized by NASA, they have good information for high reliability
soldering specifications.

You should try to get a copy of a JPL / NASA report: Ball Grid Array
Packaging Guidelines; Dated August 1998, distributed by ITRI.

Contact me directly offline for additional information.

Good Luck

Lee Whiteman
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
ACI / EMPF