TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Craig Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:44:36 -0400
What a coincidence! I was just reviewing this issue yesterday......

As far as I can determine, HDI primarily refers to the use of
microvias, buried or blind. These vias can be mechanically drilled,
but are often laser drilled. You have to be careful, because
sometimes HDI refers to standard FR-4 boards with microvias and
sometimes HDI refers to polyimide stackups with speciality die-
attach (like direct via attach).

Best Regards
Craig

On 6 Oct 00, at 20:23, michael wrote:

> Title says it all really. What I'm looking for is a definition of High
> Density Interconnection. Standard definitions and personal
> observations would all be appreciated. Sorry, no gold medals for the
> winners, but it's the taking part that counts. Apparently.
>
> Thanks, peers.
>
> Michael Fennema

> following text in the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF TECHNET
> additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or
> 847-509-9700 ext.5315

Dr. Craig Hillman
CALCE Electronic Products and Systems Consortium
University of Maryland
College Park, MD  20742
(301)-405-5316