LEADFREE Archives

October 2000

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Kay Nimmo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:07:56 +0100
The exact ternary eutectic is still not fully agreed. I think on average
opinion that it is close to around 3.4%Ag 0.6%Cu. Of course in practice it
may not be that important - Erik's comments on microstructure describe well
the technical reasons for higher Ag content (and also the cost
disadvantage).

Kay

+++++ Visit our lead-free.org website +++++
ITRI Ltd, Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, Middx, UK, UB8 3PJ
tel: +44 (0)1895 272406  fax: +44 (0)1895 251841