TECHNET Archives

August 2000

From:
Mike Lang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:40:28 -0400

Gents,

I have a product which I wave solder with no clean flux.  I have a special one time application where it is being suggested that we conformal coat a series of PCB's.  The PCB's will be in a mounted in a NEMA type 4X enclosure which will be located outside.

I have only known conformal coating to be applied to PCBs which were cleaned,  and which passed ionic contamination testing.

We do not clean nor do we have the ability to clean.  We do pass the standard litany of tests (known because we did extensive testing when cutting over to no clean).

What am I in for here?