TECHNET Archives

July 2000

From:
Brooks Bill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:19:41 -0700
http://www.zoneworx.com

To: All

I am looking for someone who has done the analysis on using FR4 vs CEM3 to
get some advice.... I was reading about the CEM3 material and it said that
it can be used in Multi-layer applications...? What are the advantages of
going to CEM3 over FR4...? Can we get the same performance out of CEM3 that
we would get from FR4 but for less money? What are the problems I need to be
aware of in using CEM3? Do manufactures prefer one material over the other
for ease of manufacture? Any help with this would be appreciated... Thanks
in advance!

Bill Brooks
Senior PCB Designer - [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Co-Director / Education Officer / Webmaster
for the San Diego Chapter of the IPC Designers Council
http://www.ipc.org/SanDiego/index.html
<http://www.ipc.org/SanDiego/index.html>

Expand Your Domain!
  _____