LEADFREE Archives

July 2000

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Fern Abrams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:29:46 -0400

I thought you might be interested in my summary of an International
Technology Research Institute (ITRI) World Technology (WTEC) Division
workshop on Environmentally Benign Manufacturing (EBM)  I attended last
week.  The WTEC EBM Panel was sponsored by the National Science Foundation
and the Department of Energy. The workshop presented both broad overviews of
cross-cutting issues and specific findings for five industries including the
electronics industry.
The panel did not present any information that I had not heard before, but
it did provide a thorough assessment of the broad international issues.  In
addition, the panels findings on lead free solder may be useful because of
the academic, impartial nature of the source.  WTEC has not yet issued a
paper on their study, but please contact me if you would like a copy of the
slide presentation.

Fern Abrams
Director of Environmental Policy
IPC- Association for Interconnecting the Electronics Industry
1400 Eye Street, Suite 540
Washington, DC  20005
202-638-6219
202-638-0145 fax