DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jim Dobbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:38:16 -0700
We recently changed from outputting gerber 6x00 from
Allegro 13 to outputting RS274X. We encountered a bug that
was causing Allegro to crash when we tried to import the
RS274X gerber files of pwr and gnd layers back into Allegro 13.
Installing the latest ISR release for Allegro 13 solved the problem.

-Jim

At 02:38 PM 7/17/00 -0500, Mark Walter wrote:
>Has anyone seen problems with generating artwork files
>using the Gerber RS274x Format on Cadence?  We are
>running version PE13 still and I recently sent out a board
>using this "new" Gerber only to find out that one of the
>shapes on the top layer did not plot- No errors nor warnings
>regarding this were given and the boards will have to be
>reworked at a considerable cost and loss of time in the factory.

Jim Dobbins
Tel:     (408) 530-4700 Front Desk
Tel:    (408) 530-4745 Direct Line
Email:  [log in to unmask]