DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Mitch Morey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:51:38 -0800
Hi Donna,

I've had to do some RF design on Cadence in the past, but I'd considered
it more digital design with a hint of RF. The strange design (etch)
geometries are what always caused me problems. But, Cadence has
partnered with the company which used to be HP EEsoft and now have
"true" RF design capabilities. Up to you to check it out
(www.cadence.com)

I've also had an engineer in the past use Eagle RF design software
(www.eagleware.com). Seemed pretty simple to use, and he really got off
on the simulation stuff he could do. Simple and cheap.

I've also seen the demos on Intercept's Pantheon product, and they
really touted the RF design capabilities. Seemed pretty darn easy also.

Take you pick. Good luck.

Mitch
Tired of limited space on Yahoo and Hotmail?
Free 100 Meg email account available at http://www.dacafe.com