DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Matthew Lamkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:50:32 +0100
Hello everyone, I have just been chucked some SMT electrolytic caps &
told to "try them"! (my first ones).

Well, the catalogue that we have been given for them gives the footprint
details to provide an exact fit
footprint (more than some catalogues I've seen), however what I want to
know is what area to leave clear of
other SMT components when going through the reflow oven.

Or to put it another way, how do I work out what the "shadow" will be?

The component is a Panasonic ECEV1VA470P 47uF 35V cap.
with 8mm OD & 6.2mm high.

If I make my std placement area to be 0.5mm from the pad edges, I want
to be able to create a second placement area to
give "X?" on all edges (so I can place depending upon rotation &
direction into the reflow oven).

Many thanks -
Matthew Lamkin
Printed Circuitboard Draughtsman