TECHNET Archives

May 2000

From:
Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 11:56:21 -0500
Dear Colleagues:

THERE'S STILL TIME TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT AND NEARLY SIX MONTHS TO WRITE A PAPER!

I'm sure you are aware that the APEX 2000 inaugural exhibition and conference was very well accepted by industry, and we have growth for the coming year.

We have made some changes to the Technical Conference for next year--all to help our session leaders and presenters.  We will have "right-sized" rooms set with tables with chairs.  All rooms will have a computer projector. We've also increase the benefits provided to conference supporters, as shown below.

Now for the really important news - we are rapidly approaching the deadline for abstracts to be submitted for APEX 2001. We would like for you to consider being involved.  We have a preliminary grid already developed with many of the session leaders already "on board".

We have extended the deadline for session proposals and abstracts to June 2.  We encourage you to make your abstract proposal through the website at http://www.apex2001.org/html/CFPAPEX2001.htm  or, easier to remember, www.apex2001.org  and just follow the links from the home page.

INCREASED BENEFITS
We've increased the benefits for the presenters and session chairs for APEX2001.  One person for each paper presented will receive a FULL CONFERENCE REGISTRATION instead of just one day, a COPY OF THE PROCEEDINGS (both CD and PRINTED), RECEPTION on the show floor Tuesday, GALA RECEPTION AND CONCERT Wednesday evening, and of course ADMISSION TO THE EXHIBITS.

The Technical Program Committee will select recipients of two $1,000 awards; "Best U.S. Paper" and "Best International Paper".

Conference Topics: You are invited to submit an abstract for the industry's premier conference on electronics manufacturing. Papers are sought in the following technology areas:

Advanced Packaging
Embedded board circuitry/function (embedded capacitors)
Assembly Processes
Factory Equipment & Automation
Material Developments
Component Technology
Environmental Concerns
Electronic Manufacturing Services
Test & Quality
Industry Standards
Business Issues

Requirements: A one-page abstract (approximately 300 words, just copy it into the field in the on-line form) is required that summarizes original and previously unpublished work covering case histories, research and discoveries. Since the selection process is competitive, sufficient detail should be included in the abstract to allow the Technical Program Committee to assess the technical content of the proposed paper. Abstracts must be received at IPC by June 2, 2000.

Papers will need to be 6 to 12 pages in length (text and graphics) and should describe significant results from experiments, emphasize new techniques, discuss trends of interest and contain technical and/or appropriate test results. Final papers will be due October 27--still lots of time to finish your research project and write the paper.  We just need your abstract now. Oral presentations will be limited to 30 minutes including 5 minutes for attendee questions. Presenters will be encouraged to provide a copy of their electronic presentations by the middle of December so they may be included on the CD-ROM.

I'll be your main point of contact at IPC.  Also, be sure and review the APEX2001 website periodically for up-to-date news at http://www.apex2001.org  Hotel rooms are going fast.  You're encouraged to make your reservations now.  The hotels are NOT accepting wait lists.

Cordially,
Mary Tunk
Technical Conference Coordinator
847.790.5325
Fax 847.509.9798

APEX - the industry's premier trade show in Electronics
Manufacturing, January 16-18, 2001, San Diego, California.
More information on website www.apex2001.org
--------
Jack Crawford, IPC Director of Assembly Standards and Technology
2215 Sanders Road, Northbrook IL  60062-6135
847-790-5393
fax 847-509-9798