LEADFREE Archives

April 2000

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Jim Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:58:53 -0400
Dave:

Marc isn't the only one with questions about the preheat parameters. Can
you spell out where the temperature is measured and how it was
determined that 125°C is the temperature that a component "sees" during
processing? For that matter, what does "sees" mean?

I think Marc's question is very clear. If the solder will melt at 225°C
or more, there's a 100°C delta between preheat and melting temperature.
Why such a huge difference between "preheat" and ultimate reflow
temperature?

Many thanks.

Jim Smith
Cambridge Management Sciences, Inc.