TECHNET Archives

February 2000

From:
Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:24:56 -0600
Shean is new to the forum and lets give him the benefit of the doubt first time around here; as I read his reply their is a lot of good general info as well as the pointer to their specific piece of equipment.

Shean, you'll typically get better response from the TechNetters by stopping just before your last paragraph and concluding: "Hope this info helps.  To avoid the online commercial, please contact me offnet at ........ for more info on this or some equipment we offer."  Yeah, it's almost the same thing, but keeps things looking a bit cleaner and doesn't raise emotional issues.

Thanks to all for using TechNet.  I'm still convinced that the positives far outweight the occasional negatives.  jack

>>> Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]> 02/18/00 02:50AM >>>
Mike,

I agree.

I am in the process of evaluating a cleaning process for a client. I'll
be required to suggest alternative cleaning technologies to what he is
currently using. I had already mentally reserved what Shean is
publicising as one possibility, but his unashamed post here is causing
me to have second thoughts on the grounds that a company which ignores
the netiquette of a forum may also ignore the ethics of commerce.

Brian

Michael Fenner wrote:

> Am I alone in feeling a little miffed by the response below? At the risk of being offensive to
> Shean, however sincerely he might believe in what he says, I don't think this is the place for
> outright product placements masquerading as answers.
>
> Mike

<snip>