DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Mitch Morey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 12:08:30 -0800
Alexis,

Another thing to check is the latest FR4 material. I'm not sure of the
designation, but it appears to be much more stable than FR4 of old. I've
also done some board designs up to 2Ghz using FR4 material, and with the
right engineering (engineer) involved in the process, it can easily be
done. If someone is too concerned with all the "hypothetical" tolerance
buildups and stuff, and won't listen to the fab house engineering techs
you'll still have to go to another material. It's normally determined by
reality.  :)

Mitch

We've talked
>      to our fab vendors and they are recommending alternatives such as
Getek,
>      Tetra 2, and Rogers 4350. Now I'd like to hear from the end
users. Has
>      anyone out there gone through a similar transition? What were
your
>      experiences with the more costly materials? Any input would be
greatly
>      appreciated.

>      Alexis Meehan
>      PCB CAD Mgr.
>      408-328-4595
>      LuxN, Inc.
>      570 Maude Court
>      Sunnyvale, CA 94086

---------End of Included Message----------
Tired of limited space on Yahoo and Hotmail?
Free 100 Meg email account available at http://www.dacafe.com