TRAINERNET Archives

August 2000

TrainerNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Mark Pritchard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
IPC Training Videos/CBT E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 07:57:13 -0600
Dear TrainerNet Subscribers,

For several years now, IPC has provided training & reference for Component
Identification (CID) in Video, CD-ROM and Desk Reference Manual formats.

IPC would now like to determine whether CID is a suitable topic for Basic
Operator Certification, and if so, what form such a program should take.

The initial idea would be a video training program which would include only
the necessary knowledge that 'every operator' in the entire assembly
operation needs to understand. Written testing would be provided, to be
returned and graded by IPC. Life-time certificates would then be issued to
operators who pass this test.

To help us determine the need and format for this type of program, we have
posted a short survey for download at the following web page:

www.ipc.org/needssurvey.htm

In appreciation for your response, we will send you a free copy of the
DRM-18 / Desk Reference Manual for Component ID.

Please fax your completed questionnaire to IPC Video at (505) 758-7938.

Thank you for your consideration and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Mark Pritchard
Director IPC Video / Computer Based Training
PO Box 389  7196 Hwy 518
Ranchos de Taos, NM 87557
Phone: 505 758-7937 ext 202
Fax: 505 758-7938