TRAINERNET Archives

December 2001

TrainerNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Dyane White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
IPC Training Videos/CBT E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:15:50 -0800
I can't believe that anyone would even expect to get paid for doing homework.  It is a requirement of the job that employees attend classes and keep their skill levels up.  You don't get paid for that.  You get paid for performing a service and your
company pays you for the time that you provide them that service.  Why should they also pay you for a service that they provide to you?

Dyane White
Mfg. Process Trainer
Philips Medical Systems

                    Dennis Sweet
                    <Dennis.Sweet@           To:  [log in to unmask]
                    BENCH.COM>               cc:  (bcc: Dyane White/ATL-BTL/MS/PHILIPS)
                    Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [TRAINERNET] IPC610 Training
                    TrainerNet
                    <TrainerNet@IP           Classification:
                    C.ORG>

                    12/20/01 10:55
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "IPC
                    Training
                    Videos/CBT
                    E-Mail
                    Forum.";
                    Please respond
                    Dennis.Sweet

When I teach any type of class and the class has homework, they are
responsible to do it. The employees get no overtime. It is just like if they
are taking classes after work. So far I have not had any complaints.

Dennis Sweet
Training Supervisor
Benchmark Electronics Huntsville Inc.