TRAINERNET Archives

December 2001

TrainerNet@IPC.ORG

From:
"Mastorides, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
IPC Training Videos/CBT E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 08:41:10 -0500
Suzanne,  I was also faced with this issue at a union shop several years
ago.  I was successful incorporating homework and additional instructional
and lab material into the course by extending the course time.  I allotted
time for in-class study sessions (homework).  These classes took 60 to 80
hours depending on the type of additional training that was required.  The
study sessions included groups of 3 to 5 people that asked each other
questions.  I still use this method for some courses and feel it has proven
to be very effective in helping students to learn and retain the material.
These sessions promote questions that just aren't asked during a normal
class.

Even 1 extra day would give them 7 hours (8 - breaks) or so, of homework
time in class.