TGASIA Archives

September 2008

TGAsia@IPC.ORG

From:
Christine Poon Lai Peng <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Asia Committe Task Group Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Christine Poon Lai Peng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:41:09 +0800
Charles:
Peter is correct on SIR data of the flux. You can also check the J-STD-004A category of the flux example ROL0 or ORM1, which gives you a better idea of the chemistry and amount/type of activators that the flux contains.
Most important is to identify the root cause, whether flux residue alone cause the current leakage issue or combination of flex residue + solder mask etc.
Thanks everyone for your kind words on Kester fluxes.
Best regards,
Christine Poon