From:
Mike Buetow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Buetow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 10:19:32 -0600 (CST)
Thanks for your response, David. We suspect that the plastic is
susceptible to moisture absorption, especially over a two year storage
duration. However, the two issues we are really trying to address are:

1. Storage: IPC-SM-786A has 6 levels of classification, which
depend on the level of susceptibility. To which level should these parts be
classified? Once classification is defined, then the storage requirements
listed in IPC-SM-786A are clear.

2. Reliability: Because the parts will be wave soldered the package will not
be immersed in solder. Can we assume that the soldering temperatures will
have no impact upon reliability (or yields)? Even after two years storage?

Thanks,
Mike