Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:23:18 -0400
     THE JEDEC SPECS. FOR TRAYS CALL OUT A 3 MM X 45 DEG CHAMFER IN ONE
     CORNER OF THE TRAY.  THIS CHAMFER DENOTES PACKAGE PIN 1 ORIENTATION.

Subject: ASSY:SMD JEDIC tray orientation
Author:  [log in to unmask] at smtp
Date:    4/29/96 10:04 AM

SMD assembly JEDIC tray orientation:

We would like to know how other companies (users) handle the situation of
suppliers of fine pitch SMD components not supplying the components to one
standard orientation (REF OLD JEDIC STANDARD PUB.95, C0-15 (PQFP))?
  EIA-481 (tape and reel) is an accepted, abided by industry standard
governing items such as orientation.Why is there not an abided-by  industry
standard for fine pitch? Are others of you having the same trouble we are
getting different vendors of fine pitch to supply parts in the same
orientation? Is there another industry standard out there we are unaware of?
Please share some opinions!

Thank you,
Jeff Hempton
Mark Spitnale
Magnavox Electronic Systems Co
(A division of Hughes Defense Communications)
Jeffery L. Hempton                     Phone: 219-429-7335
Mail Stop:25-31  Fax:   4688  Email: [log in to unmask]
MESC (Magnavox),1313 Production Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808

"And the men who hold high places, must be the ones who start,
  To mould a new reality, closer to the heart.
Philosophers and Ploughmen, each must know his part,
  To sow a new mentality, closer to the heart."--Rush-A Farewell to Kings.