From:
John Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 10:41:27 -0700
I am looking for a good solution to the problem of applying date codes to phototools.

We were using Technifax (2 mil) adhesive backed film from Rexam Graphics but this is no longer available.

We have since switched to a Kroy 244RS label machine using the Multi-Purpose cartridge.  This material is approximately 4mil and worked reasonably well as far as desity goes. But we are having a problem of localized trace reduction in the area around the label, particularly noticable on large multi-ups.

We then tried the label material made for laminated badges, which measures about 1.5-2mil, but we now have insufficient density.

On multi-ups of 30 or more, we replot master phototools.

Any good ideas out there?

John Parsons
Pre-Production Engineering
Circuit Graphics Ltd.