From:
"Ahearn, Joseph" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 03 Jun 96 23:32:00 EDT

Dear Tech Net:

The following is a question from a customer. Any information would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Joe Ahearn
Automata

Hi Joe. We are trying to standardize the rotation information for
components on our PCB designs and wondered if you have this type of
information.

Our question is: Is there a standard covering component rotation data for

use by pick/place machines when the boards are being stuffed? We are in
the
process of updating our component symbol library and one of the things we

need to add to the symbol data is rotation data. We need to know where
pin
1 is located to consider the part at 0 degrees. For example, a QFP may
have
pin 1 in the top left corner -- would this be considered 0 degrees?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tom