Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 96 07:59:55 CST
     DJR,
        IN A PREVIOUS INCARNATION I DID DESIGNS FOR A SIMILAR ENVIROMENT.
     YOU DIDN'T SPECIFY WHAT KIND OF WIRE; INSULATED, STRANDED,
     UNINSULATED, ETC.  IF IT'S AN INSULATED STYLE WIRE I WOULD RECCOMEND
     USING TERMINALS OR CONNECTORS TO MOUNT IT.  IT SOUNDS AS IF THE HEAT
     APPLIED TO MELT THE SILVER SOLDER IS CAUSING A THERMAL SHOCK TO THE
     HOLE.  MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PADS ON ALL LAYERS TO SUPPORT THE HOLE AND
     MAKE SURE THE ASSEMBLER DOESN'T TOUCH THE BOARD WITH THE SOLDERING
     IRON.  IF IT'S A WIRE FOR WIRE BONDING I'M ALL OUT OF SUGGESTIONS.

     ROBERT BUTTERWORTH
     SR PWB DESIGNER
     ADC VIDEO SYSTEMS
     11 FARFIELD BLVD