From:
"Magee, Andrew P" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 08 Jan 1996 11:55:00 -0800
     Problems where you only have one or two panels in a particular lot,
     and it comes and goes, sometimes with months in between occurrences,
     are terrible to troubleshoot.

     From what you describe it sounds like it may be organic contaminants
     at the copper solder interface. There are several possible sources; in
     the copper, on the copper, or in the solder. The best way to prevent
     these nagging intermittent problems is to establish thorough process
     maintenance procedures and stick to them. Make sure that you're
     operating at the optimum chemistry conditions and use DI water.

     Andrew P. Magee - Applications Engineer
     Rogers - Circuit Materials Unit
     Tel: (602) 917-5237
     Fax: (602) 917-5256