From:
Mike Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 10:42:42 -0700
Dear Technetters

   We send some of our boards out of plant to be hot air leveled.  When we
receive the boards back we have noticed a very small number of the boards
have isolated surface mount pads that are missing.  There is no visible
damage to the surface of the board surrounding the area where the pad was.
The surface of the board under the surface mount pad looks rough like the pad
was pulled off the base laminate.  There is evidence that mechanical force
was exerted sufficient to break fibers and remove some of the glass epoxy
with the pad.  We are only seeing 1 or 2 pads on a panel which seem to be in
the same general area, however we don't have enough observations to draw any
conclusions.  Has anyone seen this condition?  What could the possible cause
be?