From:
[log in to unmask] (Fred Pescitelli)
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 18:20:10 -0500
Ralph Hersey wrote:
>That is why in the IPC's-D-275 it is "suggested/recommended" that the designer
>minimize the areas of "close/minimal" conductor spacings and spread the
>conductors out when ever possible.  Because, IMO, the majority of us are stuck
>with CAD systems with an IQ that is barely measurable, the automated design
>systems route to minimum in an x or y orientation and most systems do not
>"automatically" spreadout closely spaced conductors, when possible, on a
>routine basis.  Instead, most CAD designers/operators must manually edit the
>conductive patterns --- labor intensive and time consuming, and it's seldom
>done in today's fast-lane paced work environment.  [Comment -- oh!
>Ralllllphoooo - are you going to stimulate comments from the CAD community
>with those comments].

Well hereeeeeeeeees the comments. Even Designers have bosses. If that boss
wants it now instead of right, all we can do is warn him. We are a Service
Bureau and we have plenty of bosses. They all want it yesterday, and they
want it correct also. They don't want to have to pay for elec. test or ICT.
"We are paying for the product why should we have to pay you to make sure
you make it correct?" We try to educate but most times it feels like a
loosing battle.
Good tools do help though. The CCT router has a spread feature, and also
many DFM rules to guide it, it can really help.

Regards
Fred Pescitelli
Phoenix Designs
1285 Turner Rd.