From:
[log in to unmask] (John Laur)
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 07:05:01 -0500
Stephen,
The only time I have seen this problem was when the soldermask
om the board had undercut around pads.  The undercut trapped contaminates.
We defined the defect as typeI and typeII.
TypeI : This type of soldermask undercut leaves a small path under
        the mask to a feature such as a pad.
TypeII : This type of soldermask undercut leaves a large path to a feature.
The typeI is more serious in that it trapes more contaminates.
This pcb ran 10vdc @ 0.010' spacing and under humid conditions.
We scrapped the boards.

John Laur (PCB Design)
Rockwell Automation