From:
"Dill, Norm J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 07 May 96 11:07:00 DST

Atul,
    I would guess that the flux is causing a non conductive oxide to develop
on your socket contact surfaces.  Multiple insertions are scuffing off the
oxide layer allowing the Pentium pins to make contact, at least for now.
 Check with your socket manufacturer to verify the quality of the contact
plating and compatibility with your flux process.
     Norm Dill