Date:
Wed, 06 Mar 96 21:38:23 dst

We have used gold plated edge connectors w/ribbon cable occasionally, but make
sure that the fingers you are "contacting" are also gold plated!!!  (Au/Solder
are in "incompatible galvanic couple" and corrosion currents will mess up your
SIR results.  Solder oxidizes too much (especially with the VERY low currents
measured in SIR).

Also, make sure you orient the connectors in the chamber so they don't fill
w/water (to the side is best, wires overhead "drip" on samples; connector on
bottom fills up like a swimming pool).

For a good general discussion, see IPC-9201, available from IPC @ 708-677-2850.

Good luck.

Jim Maguire