From:
[log in to unmask] (Thole, Lothar)
Date:
Wed, 09 Oct 1996 09:49 WAT
I agree that software is not essential, it is the flexibility you build
into your procedures that is important.

However, I have spent two years maintaining an ISO9001 system, and know
how much administration is involved, in spite of the fact that we have a
paperless system. This is why we are looking towards an integrated
process management tool.

Lothar Thole
Senior Manager - Technical Operations
QPSX Communications Pty Ltd
33 Richardson Street
West Perth  WA  6005 Australia
Tel: +61-9-262-2000
Fax: +61-9-324-1642
email: [log in to unmask]

>      No software is needed.
>
>      If you incorporate a qualification procedure into your ISO
>      documentation, and follow it, you maintain flexibility.
>
>      If you put realistic tolerances into a procedure, you can do
>      controlled experiments without being outside of parameters.
>
>      Do not control what will not impact the customer under ISO, this
also
>      maintains flexibility.
>
>      We are 9001 certified and have changed processes, equipment,
process
>      chemicals...etc as needed without impacting our certification by
>      incorporating methods that allow process flexibility into our ISO
>      documentation.

> _________________________________
> Subject: GEN: ISO-9000 the next step?
> Author:  [log in to unmask] at internet
> Date:    10/7/96 5:38 PM
>

> We have been contacted by one of our member companies that has been
> certified to ISO-9001 for over two years.  This member is looking to
take
> the next step to improve their processes and quality.
>
> The concern is this:  now that everything is documented properly, how
do
> you gain flexibility in the process that will allow process change
> without jeopardizing the certification?
>
> The objective is to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the
> ISO-9000 process which will allow a more timely change to the process.
>
> Has any of the Technet participants gone down this path?  Are their any
>
> software or documentations solutions that companies have determined to
be

> successful?
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Regards

> David W. Bergman, V.P. of Technical Programs
> IPC
> 2215 Sanders Road
> Northbrook, IL  60062-6135
> 847-509-9700 x340 Phone