Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 12:29:00 -0400
 Ring, ring, ring... Ring, ring, ring...

 Hello, XYZ Circuits, may I help you?

 Yes, this is Bob from the ABC Company and I would
 like to place an order for some circuit boards, but I
 want to waive final inspection.

 Why would you want to do that Bob?

 Because it will save my company money.

The above story is absurd, yet substitute the words "final inspection" with
"electrical test" and we accept it as a normal daily activity. This customer
must assume a certain amount of responsibility for product quality levels
because they have inhibited the fabricator by taking away a vital tool. How
can anyone argue this point?

For our customers that wish to waive test, we require a signed copy of the
following:

Dear Customer,

Per our earlier discussion, please sign this wavier and FAX it back to my
attention. If in the future you choose to have these boards electrically
tested, we will be happy to provide you with a quote for the test fixture.

______ABC COMPANY________has waived electrical test on part number
___555-555-555 REV A___. We make every effort to ensure that your product is
electrically functional as designed. Electrical testing is our best means of
determining conformity to design. By waiving electrical test, we can only
assume limited responsibility for opens and shorts. Our maximum
responsibility shall be restricted to replacement of raw boards.