From:
[log in to unmask] (Ohmega Technologies, Inc. )
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:54:00 -0800
You wrote:

>My company is investigating building buried resistors into multilayer
PCB's.

>Is there a demand for PCB's containing buried resistors to be produced
in
>volume?  What type of technologies are contained on these boards
>(line/space, BGA, buried via's, etc.)
>Are there any shops currently producing them in volume?
>
>nwbluez

Dear Stacey,

Our company, Ohmega Technologies, manufactures the buried resistor
material, Ohmega-ply.  The demand for PCB's containing buried resistors
has increased in a number of areas, especially for high speed resistor
termination (series or parallel termination).  Many of these
applications are of "high density" i.e. BGA, buried via's, controlled
impedance, etc.  However, our product is also used in some very simple
single and double sided circuit boards as well.

There are a number of prototype and volume printed circuit shops
currently processing the Ohmega-ply buried resistive material.  If you
would like more detailed information on the Technology, as well as a
design guide/literature/list of current board shops please e-mail me
your address at [log in to unmask]  You can also reach me by phone
at (310)559-4400.

Regards,

Bruce Mahler
Vice President