From:
TOM HYBISKE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 02 Jan 1996 13:27:24

The airknife pressure we use is 42 psi at approximately .25 inch from
the board bottom surface. I can't tell you what the temperature is
because I do not monitor it.  The preheating is achieved by a coil of
aluminum tubing arranged in the bottom of the preheating box below
the quartz lamps. The airknife supply air is routed through this coil
first and then into the airknife.  This is an inexpensive way of
heating the air, but provides varying output temperatures depending
on the preheat profile being used.  Nonetheless, the air has never
been dangerously hot and we have had good success with the system.

Jason Spera
General Atronics Corp.