TECHNET Archives

July 2004

From:
Daan Terstegge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:38:20 +0200
Hi Phil,

Can't really answer this one because the amount of boards that goes
through our Vitronics-Soltecmachines is insufficient to make them real
dirty on the inside, but as a word of warning I can tell you that in
some cases the contamination of a reflow oven may have more to do with
the exact solder paste then with the flux management system. You
probably thought about that, but just in case you haven't.....
B.T.W. I don't agree that this is the key differentiator. How about
seperation of zones, setup time when changing recipes, or failures of
the blower fans ?

Best regards,

Daan Terstegge
Thales Communications
Unclassified mail
Personal Website: http://www.smtinfo.net

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/27/04 03:01pm >>>
Fellow PCB assemblers -
With heat transfer efficiency pretty much peaked out in convection
dominant
(forced convection) ovens, the key differentiator among the different
offerings  seems to be management of flux residue.  Everyone of the
manufacturers,
BTU, Heller, Electrovert, SeHo, Ersa, Vitronics-Soltec, Conceptronic
(resurrected), etc.  claims to have the better flux removal  system.
Some burn it off,
some collect it in pans, some require  removal of filters.
I would like to know what you are using and how well it actually
works.
Either on-line in this forum or off-line
Thanks!

Phil Zarrow
ITM, Inc,
Durham,NH  USA