Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 14:59:24 -0400
I would concur that TM 2.4.36 has temperatures that are well below the
accepted use temperatures currently in general use.  On a normal double sided
boards we normally recommend temperatures of 600-650 degrees F.  Thermal
planes may require a slightly higher temperature - up to around 700 - 725).

IMHO, all that this test will demonstrate if followed to the letter (note para.
5.1.6) is a very poor PTH and not much else.  As far as testing how robust a
board might be, I don't think that this test goes nearly far enough.  In the "real
world" the operator is going to contact the terminal land and is likely to apply
pressure as well.

--
  David E. Robertson
  Corporate Training Administrator

  PACE Incorporated --
    e-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
  URL http://www.pace-solder.com/info/

OR

--
  David E. Robertson
    e-Mail:  [log in to unmask]

  PACE Incorporated --
    e-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
  URL http://www.pace-solder.com/info/

Message forwarded from PC SprintMail for Windows: