TECHNET Archives

March 2019

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2019 16:53:10 -0500
Hi team - hey, looking for some assistance. I am looking for some published
references (papers or book sections) on the issue of flux corrosion of
stranded wire. Oddly, I don't have anything I can find in my reference
library and this is an "old" topic so there are not going to be any modern
papers. Its pretty much a industry best practice in terms of what not to do
with flux when soldering stranded wire but I can't find what I thought
would be a easy task.  I did look in Manko and Klein Wassink but nothing
there. I did find some good stuff in Barrie Dunn's recent Materials &
Processes book.  If anyone can point me in a good direction, I owe ya a
Diet Coke!

TIA
Dave Hillman
Collins Aerospace