From:
"John Gully" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 12:29:48 +600 CDT
John,

Hi from from around the corner.  I take Miller home heading out to
the lake.

IPC should only be used as a reference and not as a standard.  Due to
the complexity of our PCBs we do not use the pad/clearance calculation.  Reference
IPC-275 for the recommended pad and clearance size for a 12mil vias.
Based on your design the IPC requirements will not work for you.  We
usually use "D + 16min/24max for planes" and "D + 10min/15max for
signals."  However, this works for us and may not work for your
design.

As of now, your pad size is to small for signal or planes.  Hope this
helps.

John Gulley
Compuroute Inc.
Dallas, TX