From:
Bob Poirier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 07:27:13 -0700
We are a manufacturer of solder masks. It is generally agreed that a
matte solder mask will have less solder balls with no clean fluxes. A
matte surface solder mask is also easier for inspection purposes.

>>> Barry Allen <[log in to unmask]> 08/27/96 05:51pm >>>

Greetings!

We are relatively new to the SMT assembly business.  Our  vendor
wants to switch from a glossy to a matte surface  soldermask to
eliminate a process problem on their end.   Are there any issues we
need to consider? I seem to recall  a discussion about solder balls hating
matte finish.

Thanks

Barry Allen
SED Systems Inc.