From:
Mike Matson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 14:13:00 -0500
Doug,
We use PWB for boards and PWA assemblies.

As I recall (and anyone can comment or add here), most of us called bare
boards "PCB"s until the mid 1970's when somebody discovered that
HORRIBLE stuff, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, or PCB's lurking in thousands
of transformers all over the country.  We as an industry disassociated
ourselves by calling our product PWB instead of PCB.