TECHNET Archives

June 2001

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:13:35 -0400
For crimp connections a pull test may not be the best mesurement. We
measured crimp height and crimp tool pressure. These proved that the correct
wire was installed, no insulation was in the crimp and resulted in
connections that always passed pull tests. AMP has specifications for both
crimp height and crimp pressure. I don't know other brands but the logic
behind these measurments is, IMHO, sound.

As far as ISO 9000 and process validation I don't see where they require
cross-sections (not that they are a waste of time) Couldn't you validate the
process output by comparision to industry acceptabitliy standards . . .
IPC-A-610C for example?

Guy Ramsey
Senior Lab Technician / Instructor

E-Mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Ph: (610) 362-1200 x107
Fax: (610) 362-1290