Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 22:56:11 -0400
Paul Waldner (Multiline Technology),

Glad to hear from you again, Paul .  Yes your equipment makes it more
possible to prevent breakouts.  In fact we could not get even close without
some of it; however, we have designers pushing the 18 mil hole in the 25 mil
land for the 10 layer multilayer and people trying to build them on the 18 x
24 and the 24x 36 panel.and with a 1 or 2 mil annular ring.  Good luck even
with the best equipment.  Realistically, many people are building to the the
IPC-RB-276 class 2 specification which allows 90 degree breakout.  There has
not been any problem that I am aware of except that the misregistration may
cause shorting to a nearby trace.

Phil Hinton
Hinton PWB Engineering